here to view/download the pdf version of this article
- 2 pages
Download Adobe Reader to view .pdf files:
AFFIDAVIT OF EDWARD B. HUDSON
I, EDWARD B. HUDSON, of the City of Saskatoon, in the Province of Saskatchewan,
MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS:
That I am the drafter of this document and as such
have knowledge of the matters and facts herein deposed.
- That I was born in the City of Atlanta in the State of Georgia, United
States of America on 29 April 1945.
- That I and my family moved to Canada as Landed Immigrants to live
in the City of Saskatoon in the Province of Saskatchewan on 27 June
- That I became a citizen of Canada on 21 July 1982.
- That I have not been prohibited from acquiring, owning, or possessing
- That I applied for and received a Firearms Acquisition Certificate
(FAC) in May 1978.
- That I legally purchased, owned, possessed, and responsibly used my
firearms in Canada from July 1977 without a firearms licence up until
the Firearms Act mandated licencing on 01 January 2001.
- That since in 1994 I have been directly involved in active political
persuasion to have Parliament recognize our innate, British constitutional
heritage and Natural Right to have ‘Armes for their Defense’
and repeal the Firearms Act.
- That since the Licencing mandate of the Firearms Act came
into effect on 01 January 2001 I have owned, possessed, and responsibly
used my firearms without a firearms licence.
- That since November 2001 I have been actively involved in open, peaceful,
non-violent, civil noncompliance to the Firearms Act and the
attendant sections of the Criminal Code that make the mere
possession of a firearm a criminal offence, specifically Criminal Code
- That I believe that the Firearms Act of 1995, and the subsequent
changes to the Criminal Code of Canada, violates at least seven
specific Liberties guaranteed by the Canadian Charter of Rights
- That I believe the Firearms Act and these subsequent changes
to the Criminal Code of Canada, violates the Canadian Constitution,
the Canadian Bill of Rights, English Common Law, the English Bill of
Rights of 1688, and the Magna Carta.
- That I refuse to surrender my right to privacy, the right to mobility,
the right to be secure from unreasonable search and seizure, the right
against self-incrimination, the right to the presumption of innocence,
the right to representation, and the right to freedom of association.
I steadfastly maintain my right to security of person.
- That I will not submit to an unjust law that does nothing to improve
the safety of Canadians.
- That I take this Affidavit in support of our Right to have “Armes
for their Defense”.
- That I have never applied for, nor I do have, a licence to possess
- Therefore in peaceful, civil disobedience to an unjust law, I inform
you, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, that I own, possess, and use in
target shooting and hunting a single-shot, Model 39, bolt-action Cooey
.22 caliber rifle that I purchased here in Canada.
SWORN before me at the City of )
Saskatoon, in the Province of )
Saskatchewan, this 12th day of )
Edward B. Hudson
_______(signed by) _______
A Commissioner for Oaths in and for
the Province of Saskatchewan.
My commission expires
This document is delivered by:
Edward B. Hudson DVM, MS
402 Skeena Court
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 4H2