Firearms Owners Association
Click here to view/download the pdf version of this article - 2 pages (36 KB .PDF)
Q.B. No. 810 of 2007
IN THE COURT OF QUEEN’S BENCH FOR SASKATCHEWAN
JUDICIAL CENTRE OF SASKATOON
IN THE MATTER OF AN APPLICATION FOR A JUDICIAL REVIEW PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF PART 52 OF THE RULES OF COURT;
AND IN THE MATTER OF AN APPLICATION FOR DECLARATION DIRECTED TO SECTION 117.03 OF THE CRIMINAL CODE:
EDWARD B. HUDSON
THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CANADA
AFFIDAVIT OF PIERRE LEMIEUX
I, Pierre Lemieux, of Lac-Saguay, in the Province of Québec,
make oath and say as
1. That I am a citizen of Canada.
2. That I was born in Sherbrooke (Québec), Canada,
on July 5, 1947, and have spent
3. That my family history in Canada goes back to approximately
1647, when my
4. That I have legally owned and possessed firearms in Canada, without any licence to own them, from the early 1970s until 2001.
5. That I consider the ownership and possession of firearms without a licence part of my Canadian heritage and my traditional liberties.
6. That French Canadians have owned and used firearms without licences for centuries, starting under the French Regime and through most of the history of Confederation.
7. That I have written books and articles on such topics, including my Confessions d’un coureur des bois hors-la-loi (Montréal: Varia, 2001).
8. That, in 2001, with much hesitation, I applied for the newly required firearms licence, and obtained it despite my refusal to answer a question relating to my love affairs.
9. That, on May 30th, 2007, I sent by registered mail the
required form to renew this
10. That I consider such questions as an assault on my
dignity, and a violation of my
11. That I consider the requirement that an honest citizen
need to apply for a licence to own firearms, and even just to keep the
ones he has already acquired, a violation of
12. That any decree that requires such degrading obligation
from me cannot be a valid
13. That, despite the Canada Firearms Centre having received
my application form on
14. I have thus been without a firearms licence since July
6, 2007, while retaining
15. That I take this Affidavit in support of Dr. Edward
B. Hudson’s Notice of Motion to declare that Section 117.03 of the
Criminal Code is ultra vires Parliament on the
Signed: Pierre Lemieux
SWORN before me at the City of L’Annonciation,